Melbourne Functional Programming Association Inc.
Association Registration Details
MELBOURNE FUNCTIONAL PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATION INC.
Register number A0100082W
Date registered 14 July 2017
Last annual statement lodged -
Secretary Lyndon Maydwell
Registered address Level 2, 382 Little Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
ABN Registration Details
Active from 17/07/2017
Self Assessed for Tax-Exempt Status
As Scientific Organisation according to the Guide to Deductible Gift Recipient Status.
Remaining work to Complete
- Update Agreements
- Vest Past Earnings
Members & Roles
- Lyndon (Chair, Secretary)
- Ken Scambler (Treasurer)
- Sharon Holliday
- Andy Kitchen
- Les Kitchen
- Noon Silk
The Melbourne Functional Programming Association Inc. is dedicated to furthering the cause of computer science and functional programming though fostering local communities, increasing awareness, providing educational opportunities and organising events; including conferences, meet-ups and social gatherings.
Our values include (Passed as a Resolution 20/07/2017):
- Community Focus - We aim to help foster the growth of Functional Programming in Melbourne and unite all interested parties to spark a unified presence and a feeling of camaraderie amongst FP and Theory proponents in Melbourne
- Diversity - We aim to put an emphasis on soliciting a diverse set of community participants!
- Inclusivity - Our community is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, orientation, parents, relationship, and politics as well as gender, mental-health, socioeconomic status or background, neuro-typicality, appearance, computing-experience, or clothing. (Adapted From Clef Code of Conduct via GitHub)
- Software Quality - We aim to develop and share a better understanding of software, programming, and related activities. Our focus on "functional programming" is underscored by this desire.
- Partnership - We wish to partner with community groups rather than exclude them!
- Newcomers - Providing the opportunity for new community members to gain experience through talks, events, and organisation
- Local Involvement - Involving the local Melbourne community rather than focusing disproportionately on large international names
We are adopting the Model Rules as referenced on the Consumer-Affairs-Victoria page Rules for Running and Incorporated Association.
The assets and income of the organisation shall be applied solely in furtherance of its above-mentioned objects and no portion shall be distributed directly or indirectly to the members of the organisation except as bona fide compensation for services rendered or expenses incurred on behalf of the organisation.
In the event of the organisation being dissolved, the amount that remains after such dissolution and the satisfaction of all debts and liabilities shall be transferred to another organisation with similar purposes which is not carried on for the profit or gain of its individual members.